It all began Friday morning when my water broke. I went to my Dr. before going to the hospital and for some odd reason, not knowing before now, he discovered that the baby was breeched. Total surprise! So what I thought was going to be a normal delivery was now going to be a c-section. Because my water had already broke I started having contractions right away. At first they weren't too bad, but once we got to the hospital they started getting a lot more intense. I had to wait about an hour and a half before they could take me to the OR but it felt like FOREVER! I was having crazy painful contractions every 1-2 minutes. The Dr. checked me right before going into the OR and told me I was at an 8. No wonder I was in so much pain! Once we got into the operating room I finally got my spinal injection and all the pain went away! It was crazy because I could feel all the pressure of them pulling and tugging but no pain, then all of the sudden they dug down way deep and pulled our baby out!
When Greg and I first saw her we both said she looked just like Brinley, but now we are definitely starting to see her own little look coming through. So far she has been a wonderful baby! She is so content and pleasant.
We got to come home 4 days later, but on Wednesday when we went to get her bellyruben tested they told us it was really high and that we needed to take her back to the hospital. So Greg and I went to the hospital, they admitted us and I got to spend another lovely night in the hospital next to my baby under lights. Luckily after a night under lights they tested her again and her count went down. They took her out of her lighted bed and we waited another 6 hours for them to test her again to make sure her count was still going down and it was so they let us go home!
Things are going well now for us. Brinley is adjusting very well to being a big sister. Sometimes she can "love" the baby a little to much, but for the most part she has done great. My Mom has been here since the day before we had Julianne and has been a lifesaver in helping us out. As far as my recovery, it has been as good as it could be. It's a lot harder getting around, but I'm really not in any pain. We just feel so blessed that every thing turned out they way it did and that Julianne is healthy and doing well.
Right after delivery.

Greg and Julianne waiting for me to come out of the OR.

Mommy and baby after a long day.

Brinley holding Julianne for the first time.

Our first family picture.

Our awesome friends Bryce and Miranda.

Elizabeth and Julianne.

Brent and Julianne.

The day we brought her home.

In the hospital for the second time.

We love our little girls!
26 comments:
She is beautiful! I'm so glad everything went well it sounds like it was a little bit scary at the beginning. I love the last picture of Brinlee kissing her new sister. They are going to be best friends I can already tell.
CONGRATS! She's so sweet!
Yeah! and she is so beautiful. I can see from the pictures that first impression of Julianne looking just like her big sis. But as you scroll down, she is definitely her own self. You guys make beautiful babies. I can't wait to meet Julianne in person. Good luck on the recovery. See you soon.
She is beautiful! I am so happy for you guys! Congratulations!
Congrats! So sorry you had to have a c-section. It is never fun, but I will tell you the next time you have a c-section it doesn't hurt that bad. She is beautiful. I think she looks a lot like her big sister. HOw fun is it to say that? I love that last picture of them together. Enjoy!
OH, she is so beautiful! Congratulations you guys! Crazy to think you were going in for a regular vaginal delivery and she comes out a different way. The name is so sweet too.
congrats jenna! she's beautiful! glad you are healing quickly and getting around ok! what an adorable family you have!!
Yay for pictures! I still feel so bad we didn't make it to see you in the hospital. That was such a crazy weekend for us. I'm so glad you are all doing so well. Take care of yourself, and take me up on my offer to take Brinley some morning/afternoon while you still can!
It is so fun to have been a part of both of your girls births. We were able to visit you in the hospital with both girls and have loved seeing your little girls grow. It is great to have such awesome friends. Your girls are beautiful.
Congrats!!! I have been waiting for this post and I am very glad that everything went well. Good luck the next few weeks too.
YAY!!! She is so pretty!!! I'm so glad Brinley loves her...we heard stories of her throwing diapers at Julianne last night. :) I'm so glad she's so chill. She's just absolutely beautiful you guys!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Congrats, guys!! She's beautiful! (Of course!) Glad it all ended up going so well...what a surprise, breech. Love the name choice, too! Can I fit any more exclamation points into this comment? :)
Yay!!! I've been so anxious to see pictures of her, these are so precious. I'm so happy for you guys, LOVE YOU!!!
So adorable! Congratulations! I usually look at pictures first and then read the blog, but I had the same first thought that Julianne looks like Brinley! They are so sweet! All our best wishes to you and the new baby!
cute little family!!!
So glad everything went well and you're home! You guys have such a beautiful family! Congrats!
What beautiful girls you have! Congratulations, and hope you're getting some sleep! We miss seeing you guys!
yea!!! so fun! except the c-section part! I'm so glad you both are healthy and good! congrats and can't wait to meet her! love you guys!
She did look like Brinley! What a cutie and I love your precious family. Congrats Jenna!
Congratulations! Both of your girls are adorable. Love the name :)
Congrats on the new addition! I didn't know that you were due so soon. I wish I could be there to hold her!
What a beautiful baby! Congrats!
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I hope your recovery goes well!!
yay Jenna! I am so happy for you. she is beautiful, and I love her name. so cute!miss you
She is beautiful. How exciting! I bet Brinley will love holding her alot! She will be such a good big sister.
Congrats Jenna! You look so good after having a baby! I'm jealous
Post a Comment